Warm spring and summer days are fast approaching! Here at CWEP, we can’t wait to get back out in the waterways across our beautiful state. Clean water is fun for everyone! Check out CWEP’s interactive map to find and visit waterways near you.
Whatever it is you love to do, we hope to see you out there!
There are lots of fun ways to engage with our waterways!
- Greenways are great for walking, jogging, and biking.
- Your town may have dedicated mountain biking trails, which can be fun for the whole family! Check out your town website or the Mountain Bike Project for more info.
- County Parks may offer kayak or canoe rentals, which is a great way to see aquatic wildlife up close.
- If you’re interested in birding, apps like MerlinBirdID or iNaturalist can help you identify birds by photo or sound recording.
- For more information on boating access, visit the NC Wildlife Resources Commission website.
- Ranger programs at County and State Parks can help you connect with your local history and wildlife!
Check the town or park website for information on parking, fees, operating hours, and any additional info you may need. Fishing often requires a license or permit. Please check and adhere to any posted rules and practice safe recreation behavior!
If your favorite park is missing from our map, let us know on the Get Outside page!